KS2 Reading Comprehension Book 4 (Ages 7-11)
- Created By: Schofield and Sims
- Product Code: EN1316
KS2 Reading Comprehension Book 4 (Ages 7-11)Key Stage 2 Comprehension provides a collection of stimulating texts, together with questions that both build comprehension skills and widen vocabulary. Children are encouraged to pay close attention to literal meaning, make inferences and deductions, observe how writing is structured and identify literary devices. Book 4 reflects the broadening interests and word power of young people who will soon move to secondary school, or have now done so. It includes:
- non-fiction texts covering the discovery a long-extinct mammoth, the origins of shells and the life of Robert Scott
- the poignant 'last letter' from Scott to his widow
- classic poetry from Rudyard Kipling, Edward Thomas, Edward Lear and William Wordsworth
- a short extract from 'Hamlet' by William Shakespeare and fiction from R.L. Stevenson, Thomas Hardy, Daniel Defoe and Charles Dickens
- autobiographies and biographical fiction from Roald Dahl and Alison Prince.
Please note that this product is normally only sold as part of our pack KS2 Comprehension Workbook Pack (Ages 7-11). Whilst we are happy to sell this item to you, it may not include full answers (or indeed the full questions) and would be more suitable and useful as part of our pack.
|Product Code||Publisher||ISBN 10||ISBN 13|
|EN1316||Schofield and Sims||072171157X||9780721711577|